Monday, April 13, 2009

Procrastination

Who else works best under pressure? I continually find myself with tons of things to do and no time to do it until the zero hour. Then I stress, get crabby and become miserable for all those around me. Taxes are due in two days. Yikles! Where did all the time go? Seems like I have been working on them forever, but here it is with two days to go and they are not done. And they HAVE to be done. I suppose I could take the cowards way out and file an extension, but as we owe, that means we would just owe more. And then I'm mad because we owe. Did you know that Americans are "surtaxed" an additional 48% of the taxes that you owe in Canada? And then you only get to write off one third of what you paid in Canada on your American taxes. NOT FAIR.Enough of my soapbox. At least we had an income to pay taxes on. I have to look at the bright side.

So how do you deal with the tax thing? Take it to an accountant? Had we had to pay ours last year, it would have been over $600.(We got in on a free teacher's week) And I found mistakes in their report.Have you become an expert yourself? What are some tips on how I can get them done sooner? (One hangup was the Canadian T4 didn't come until last week- theirs is not due until April 30th).
I think I'll go eat some chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.