Friday, April 10, 2009

Pests

I'm doing a bible study called Ridding Yourself of Pests, addressing all the bad habits in your life. I am also trying to rid my house of those little pantry pests, I think that is what they are called. They come in cardboard, love flour, sugar, anything they can find to snack on. I totally cleaned out my pantry- down to nothing, put all new items in sealed containers, and I still have the little buggers. I was down to one or two this winter, and now that spring is upon us- they are out in full force. Where do they hide? What makes them come out? I am baffled. I don't like to use chemicals, so does anyone know a natural way to get rid of these annoying insects in my life?

Trying to relate this to spiritual matters, I know that I harbor many annoying pests inside of me. And they come out when I least expect it. No matter how hard I try to get rid of certain things, they continue to pop up at the least expected times. Just when I think that issue is dead, it takes off in flight. Kind of like these pesky pantry pests. (Say that fast 10 times!)

Take stock of what is in your spiritual pantry. Do you have annoying pests that continue to have life? What is your way of ridding yourself from them? I'll take any suggestions. I'd love to start this spring/time of new birth through Christ's resurrection with a clean pantry. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I love the song "hosanna" by Gateway Worship (Kari Jobe)...part of the song is...
    "Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you have loved me. Break my heart from what breaks yours. Everything I am for your kingdom cause, As I go from earth to eternity." Brian and I love, love this song. I really cling to the "heal my heart and make it clean...open up my eyes to the things unseen, show me how to love like you have loved me." I could sing and pray those lines every day. It is a prayer about my "pests" and a plea for Christ to clean them out and to see as He sees! What a blessing!

    So Dawn....Hosanna in the Highest...sing it! get it on your iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweet Betsy! Alas I have no iPod, but I will try to find the song....

    ReplyDelete

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.