Friday, April 24, 2009

Answer to prayer

Been trying to figure out a way to afford Jazzercise again.

Last Wednesday night my youngest (sophomore in college ) calls up and says "We're bored". That would be her friend and her. Bored? How can you be bored in college? There are a million things to do, and people to see. She has a car(mine) so she can go wherever. I, on the other hand am captive to sharing a car with my possessive husband. I don't think he trusts me driving his car. (Another post.) Anyway, I suggest a movie (they already missed the starting time),shopping (they don't need anything), the library. "THE LIBRARY?? Mom, I can't believe you just said that!" she shrieks loudly into the phone. I meant for her to get a video- they have a nice selection. Forgive me for suggesting a college student go to the library.
Anyway, they came over and we did a cute little mini-clipboard craft with scrapbook paper and ribbons- really fun. We are sitting on the floor sprawled out in the dining room when suddenly (sounds like a novel , right?) I have this overwhelming tight pressure on my chest, quite unlike anything that has happened before. Then pain in my back left shoulder (I thought I pulled a muscle).
Long story short, went to Dr.(who screamed at me for not going to ER) EKG normal, have to have echo cardiogram, lower my BP, cholesterol good, need to up my exercise.
Best news ever- have to do Jazzercise level intensity 3-5 times a week. I repeatedly asked my Dr.- I HAVE to do Jazzercise, right????? She finally said, "YES!" . So under Drs. orders, I get to renew my membership and attend with my youngest, who has really wanted me to continue with her. The Total Money Makeover did not have room in the budget for this, but, hey, it's Drs. orders. So now I have to figure out how to find $30 a month, but I trust that God will provide that.
Answer to prayer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.