Monday, March 16, 2009

My First Blog

Trouble already- I don't have Comic Sans as my font. For some reason things always look better written in Comic Sans. At least there is spellcheck.
I decided to start a blog as my sister convinced me that publishers are looking for bloggers (my words, not hers). My ambition at some point is to publish a book, so I will abide by the rules and start a blog and hope and pray that someone out there in cyber space will want to read what I have to say. Over the years I have often been told that I should write a book as the bizarre things that happen to me are unbelievable. I assure you that most of you have had strange things happen to you, maybe just not as often. Like lightening striking your house. Mine just happened to be three times in three different states. The best one was hitting the well pump which took out our water for a week, and the insurance company telling us our house was not uninhabitable. Mind you I had three kids under the age of 10, and a husband that was at his new job 2,000 miles away. No water, no toilets, no showers, no fun. We did run a hose from our neighbor's house to at least flush the toilet. Side note-the house was on the market at the time. When the crew came to "fix" the pump, they broke it off at the stem, which involved digging a five foot diameter hole in the middle of our front yard to replace the whole pump. Needless to say, we put the house sale on hold until the hole was filled in and grass was replanted. Talk about putting a damper on the housing market. What strange things have happened to you in selling houses? Everyone has a story. I'd love to hear yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.