Sunday, March 22, 2009

Murphy's Law

Murphy states that if something can go wrong, it will. Story of my life. Or why we should not have a new(er) car. My new mantra was that my youngest ( size 00- very cute) is a rear end magnet. She has been in 5, count them 5 accidents ( 4 rear enders) and all but one were not her fault. The one I am referencing today is when we finally bit the bullet and bought a new(er) car on a Wednesday, she drove it on Friday and managed to hit ( scrape) a 3 foot brick wall in the front of her friend's house on a circular driveway. Two days after we got the car. Thankfully, no one was hurt except her feelings when I continued to stare at the side of the car ( the full length from passenger door to the quarter panel in the back) and mumble over and over , we've only had it two days, we've only had it two days.

Fast forward to last Thursday when we had all the minute scratches buffed out of the car. Spent the whole day in Indy waiting for it to be finished. Looks awesome. Husband said he wished he knew the car better as we have not had it home since we got it (see previous posts) Fast forward to today. My OTHER daughter calls sobbing from Wal-Mart's parking lot. "Someone hit the car when I was in the store!! What do I do??" Big scratch- enough so that the paint is off. UGGGHHH. Note- the manager at Wal- Mart will not look at the security tapes to help find the assailant. So what do they have cameras for anyway?

So she is fine, the car is not, and if my hair wasn't already totally gray, it would be by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.