Saturday, September 5, 2009

To Market, to Market

As I was peeling the last of the shriveled, dried up strawberries, ( I can't eat seeds or I wouldn't be spending time making them naked), my thoughts ran to the Farmer's Market. I am going later this morning , but I will not find strawberries as they are a June product. Every week the paper lists what new produce will be at the market dependent on the growing season. I love it! The peaches have been the best lately, and my daughter's favorite are the amazing array of gladiola colors. They last a week, well worth the $.90 apiece you pay! Then the fall brings apples, pumpkins, squash. And football. Nothing like the crisp, cool, sunny 70 degree days of fall. My favorite.
So I am off to the Market with my youngest, and my husband who surprise, surprise doesn't have to work today. What a blessing.
Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.