Monday, May 11, 2009

Pillows of Goodness

It has become a wonderful ritual each night that it is not raining, to have a fire in our fire pit in our back yard. Even the young neighbors have joined us, asking where the marshmallow and Smore stuff is. Yesterday, we were out of marshmallows, but my little 8 year old neighbor goes into my house and miraculously found a bag of opened marshmallows that I didn't even know I had! It was the perfect ending to a "my heart is full" Mother's Day weekend. My girls were home, we cooked out twice and my son sent me a package and pictures from Utah, as well as having a long conversation with him on Sunday. I am truly a blessed mom.

Marshmallowing over the fire has become quite fun. My 20 year old doesn't like graham crackers, so she lovingly toasts the perfectly brown,crusty on the outside, gooey on the inside marshmallow, and then slides in the chocolate for a "pillow of goodness". She and her roommates first coined that phrase for raviolis, but I think it fits perfectly for her naked smores!

So it looks like we are "stay-cationing". That's where you stay at home for vacation and find all kinds of fun stuff to do right at home. Three of our neighbors have pools, and we have a fire pit. We have a wonderful public library, so I am set for the summer. What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.