Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm Back! Hunting for Dish Towels

Not sure for how long, but I had an overwhelming urge to vent and this seems to be as good a place as any.After 31 years of marriage, our dish towels are in a sad state of affairs. If they are not stained or discolored, they are shredding at the sides. So the hunt for new dish towels is on. My kitchen is a very neutral navy blue, with splashes of red, I guess, in the wall paper border. So I assumed I would happily trot to the store and buy navy towels, or at least some shade of blue. (Red bleeds too much and you have to do a separate load).
Not so fast. After going to 4 stores, I became aware that the colors of the hour are orange, green, brown and yellow. Yuck. Throw backs to my childhood. I would have kept my mother's towels if I wanted those colors. I think it is a conspiracy to have you change your color scheme. I like my navy and red. I could go with white- but that would would be boring and the only size they had at ANY store were "bar towels". When did that come in vogue? I suppose sometime in the last 31 years when I was using my shredded towels. I even asked my friends where to get towels. I went to all the suggested stores and all I can figure is that they have the "in" color scheme.
So if anyone happens to come across any blue or navy cute towels, let me know where to find them. Or I have to keep using my shredded, stained ones for 31 more years.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw "wallpaper border" I had to smile! If you go to amazon and search for navy kitchen towels, some will come up. I am still using a couple of hand towels from shower and wedding gifts from 1972, so I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susie.. I actually did find some (light blue) at Wally World.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.