Friday, January 15, 2010

Traveling

Just realized a few days ago that we have off school for Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday. Wanted to make a quick trip to Ohio for my mother-in-law's birthday, but my husband has to work. The girls couldn't go, so I started thinking I had to do something with my 3 day weekend. I haven't seen my dad in Arizona for over a year and a half- so I called our travel agent and asked if she could get a better price than what I got on the internet. She couldn't- but she went ahead and booked the flight anyway, telling me that I HAVE to go- coming from one who didn't have her parents anymore. She said if she could have a chance to see her parents for that much, she would go. So I am going!!! This is very unlike me to be spontaneous and spur of the moment. I just felt nudged to go, and bless Jan's heart- she confirmed it.
So off to Phoenix for the weekend- I leave home at 4 am Sat. and hope to arrive back by 2 am Tuesday- using every minute I have off! Planning on going to bed early tonight!!
It's hard to put a price tag on being with those you love. It's a stretch right now for us for the ticket, but when would it not be? I am thankful I have the time, got a great price, and am going to spend the weekend with my parents.
What have you been wanting to do? What is holding you back? When was the last time you were spontaneous?

2 comments:

  1. hey friend...soo, soooo glad you went. I too would have told you to go. Parents are as valuable as "time". As you know both mine are with Jesus...and it is hard. So i would always encourage people to spend as much time with parents as they "mature" in years. the time you spend with your dad is "priceless" no matter the cost of the flight...you will have the memories and BLOG about what you did and the "moment". I would do everything i did and MORE when my mom was alive and my dad. Now i try to do the same with my girls, hubby, and friends. Time is a gift from God...relationships are to be nurtured and valued. So spend time with them all...all the time you can! love you sweet friend! love the way your blog looks...how bout helping me (but i don't want to "pay" for a blog "uplift")
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i check your blog all the time but no update. but you have NO idea how you blessed me when you commented on my blog. The comment that stole my heart was "i need to hear your voice". Dawn you have NO idea how that made me feel...."loved by a special friend, that misses me." that is how! Sometimes i forget and i tend to be really, really hard on myself so that little patch of words made my day. I am off to walmart but will come back and give you a ring. I will be praying for your friend and kits recovery. congrats on his IU coaching job!!! hugs from down south!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.