Thursday, July 30, 2009

Original Crafting

My daughters and I are in a craft show in November. So while we have time now, we are busily crafting away at our kitchen table, much to my husband's chagrin. His expectation is that as soon as you are done with something, you put it away. Do you know how long that would take? And then we'd have to drag it all out again., organize it so that we would know exactly where it is again, and that would totally interrupt the creative flow. He just doesn't get it. I, on the other hand, am oblivious to the chaotic mess, as the colors, papers, stickers and paints blend into a wonderful jumble of yet to be discovered ideas for treasures to be crafted into something unique to sell. And eating on TV trays isn't the end of the world.

Anyway, it is a great bonding experience for the girls and me, my youngest's best friend has also been creating with us. Some items are so cute that my daughter is not sure she wants to part with them! Her friend encourages her by telling her to make a duplicate. But each is original,(we are trying to utilize materials we have, not spending any additional money when possible), just as we are each unique, individuals made by our Creator. No matter how hard we try to emulate, or be like someone else in the way we talk, act, or dress, there will be no one exactly like us. Nor should there be.

When my kids were little, I used to tell them, God made you exactly the way you are. So we will continue to make individual items, knowing that no two will be exactly alike.

What makes you unique? Do you see it as a blessing? Or has it caused you to question yourself at times?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.