Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Hard to believe that my last post was Sept. 1. The beginning of the school year. Which is a small indication of how crazy it has been- no time to think, catch up, or do what needs to be done. I was so trying to simplify this year. That is my one word ( see http://www.myoneword.com/ ). Simplify. Easy to say, not so easy to do. I would like to simplify my clutter, my job, my responses to people. It is a process is all I can say.



Wow, so much has happened in the last 6 months. Kit is looking for a job again. Kristy graduated from college. ( in 3.5 years- yeah!! So proud of her) Kelly has a boyfriend. I've been to Arizona (celebrated my birthday with my dad, mom, and sister), Florida (Christmas), and Dallas (coaching convention). I've shed 19 pounds (actually started that in June) and managed to keep it off. I've had surgery on tooth #19 3 times and am due for a fourth extraction/implantation. Ugh. That's a whole 'nother blog...



Recently had my cell phone stolen. It was an odd feeling not having it. It made me realize how dependent we have become on our technology. I use to be able to go to the store and not feel like I had to call home to check to see if we needed something. I use to travel 5 hours away by car as a young adult and have no way of letting my parents know if I arrived safely until I got there. I used to go to conventions with my husband and only be able to check on the kids when I went down to the pay phone in the lobby, or called collect from my hotel room. I used to only be able to talk to my kids when they came home from where ever they were. So now my girls call or even worse, text me from the same house, different floors. I'm not sure technology has really moved us ahead in the the communication business after all.



Must move on, I will try to post more often. I've missed writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas

The Fam

The Fam
The State of Relaxation in Florida

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mover extraordinaire (is that a word?), happily married to a football coach for 31 years. Mother of three amazing children,(one still on the payroll) and one daughter-in-law. Teacher (special education),speaker, presenter, writer. One of my passions is sharing with others to encourage them. Another is chocolate, especially M&Ms.